The No-Nonsense Guide to Your Valuation
When investors ask for a valuation, many founders choke. They stutter, stall or worse: ask the investor. The investor is puzzled. Founders can name the price for their product. Then why not for their shares?
The #1 Guide to Startup Valuation hands you the tools to value your startup. You will learn:
- The difference between selling your shares and raising money
- Why investors buy your shares
- The 4 building blocks of startup valuation
- How to value your startup if you raise money with equity
- How many shares you have to give away when you do a convertible
- How to choose between one or multiple exit scenarios
- How to choose between a convertible with a discount and a discount and a cap
- How to choose between equity and convertible debt
This straightforward book is not a luxury
If you don’t speak your investor’s language, negotiations fail. If you don’t understand an investor’s logic, negotiations fail. And if you can’t get your investor to agree on a fair valuation, negotiations fail. So, stop improvising. Save yourself the time, money and frustration. Get this book.
About the author
Joachim Blazer is a longtime founder, investor and valuation expert. He holds a Master of Economics degree from Erasmus University Rotterdam. Joachim loves startups.
Paperback for $14.99 and ebook for $9.99
“Buy this book. It helps you to quickly negotiate the right valuation with investors, saving you a lot of time, money and frustration.”
Dirk de Bruijn – Founder at Swapfiets
“Glad to see Joachim share his knowledge into a book. With detailed examples, it helps entrepreneurs to build a clear and solid foundation before talking to investors.”
Jian Jiang – Co-Founder at ParkBee
“Joachim is an expert in capturing the essence of financial deals. A must read if you want to have a meaningful conversation with investors.”
Sander ten Kate – Founder/CEO at Senfal
“This book helps you understand the funding process and the investor’s perspective on it. Joachim’s method set us off to a good start and helped us make a professional impression throughout the valuation process.”
Ide Swager – Co-Founder at Momo Medical